Entry- to Mid-Level Software Developer
Website Eikon Research, Inc.
Title: Entry- to Mid-Level Software Developer
Based at: Eikon Research, Inc., Huntsville, Alabama
Eikon Research, Inc. is committed to providing superior quality and unparalleled customer service in all aspects of our business. We believe each employee contributes to the success and growth of our company.
We are looking for a passionate, entry- or mid-level Software Developer to work with a small team to design, develop, and test innovative software solutions for radar, command and control systems, medical technology and other applications.
This candidate must be flexible, self-motivated, and able to work effectively within deadlines. The candidate should be a quick learner and welcome a challenging work environment.
- Build robust and scalable software in C, C++, C#, and/or Java
- Develop and follow software designs for each project
- Contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to Eikon technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the engineering team to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Adhere to Agile Scrum development practices
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, or a related technical area.
- 1-10 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion to learn new skills and programming languages
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Solid object-oriented programming and software design knowledge with the ability to create software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, MATLAB, shell scripting, etc. is preferred but not required
- A brief knowledge of signal processing, radar systems, and algorithm development is preferred but not required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance